The arrival of modern technology has led people to think about the alternative material other than popular choice wood for making furniture. There is a shortage of wood that making it difficult for a middle class family to afford high class furniture, but thanks to the extrusion technology who introduced MPC Board as a mean to manufacture furniture. It is an incredible material that made from the combining high density plastic and mineral filled compound. Generally, the warranty is offered by the plastic board suppliers against the peeling, cracking and rotting. Here are some reasons that make us to prefer it over the other materials.
- Safety: There is no chance that the bacteria or any other organisms can damage the interior of the board furniture using MPC Boards because the additive material gives a high strength to it. Moreover, it is splinter free making it safe for kids and pets.
- Availability of Different Looks: The material is available coming in a huge variety of colors for the furniture market. There is minimal fading of color suspected in the furniture because it features ultraviolet protection content.
- Durability: Even it is used for a long term, there is no chance to crack, splinter or peel due to its solidity. It is also known to provide an extraordinary looks to your furniture and house.
- Ease of Installation: There is only need for standard carpentry tools for the installation process making it less costly and affordable to the middle class.
- Damage Free: It is quite evident that the MPC will not decompose easily making it a major benefit for the people investing long term in it. Even it is exposed to the fresh and salt water; it will survive without any problem.
Considering above reasons, its preference over the wood will not be seen as a shock to anyone. In order to get above mentioned qualities in the MPC, it is necessary to find the finest suppliers of the MPC Board in your area. Check the market before finalizing any one.
- Published in MPC Board
When it comes to furniture, popular choice is wooden furniture. But with time, changes have come in the furniture market like material for high quality furniture. Today furniture is fashioned from a variety of materials.
While regarding shortage of wood and harmful impact of tree felling on the environment, wood is no longer the popular choice for furniture and construction. But modern technology has provided a beautiful alternative to wood- namely plastic board.
How is plastic board made?
It is made from an innovative combination of polymer particles and wood or plastic alone. There are two types of plastic boards: WPC and MPC. Wood Polymer Composite sis made of wood particles and polymers. Material consists of peanut hulls, bamboo fibre, straw, etc. Mineral Polymer Composite (MPC) boards are completely synthetic.
In MPC, a mineral filled compound is combined with high density plastic using an extrusion technology. MPC is becoming increasingly popular for furniture, windows and doors of kitchen, bath room and drawing room.
Why is MPC popular?
MPC has certain features that are making it a popular alternative to wood.
- MPC board is durable and anti-corrosive.
- It is water proof and termite proof.
- Cleaning of MPC material is easy: light cleaning with soap and water will do. Thus MPC is low maintenance saving time, money and effort for its upkeep.
- Working with MPC is simple and conventional wood working tools will suffice. No special tools are required.
- MPC is available in a variety of colours and there is no need for extra painting.
- Shaping the MPC board is easy and hence all kinds of applications like furniture or fencing can be done.
- There is no danger of fungal attacks.
- It does not change shape with change of season.
- Its quality of water resistance makes it useful in areas of contact with water or water spillage.
- The value of the home or area where MPC is used increases.
- MPC enables creation of beautiful furniture.
- It is safe for kids and pets as it is splinter free.
These are some of the advantages of MPC in furniture and construction applications.
- Published in MPC Board