Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) roofing, commonly known as roofing is the most preferred type of roofing in this time. It is made up of plastic and additional plasticizers for flexibility. It is considered above all the other materials for roofing because of their durability. Today, using PVC sheet roofing is convenient and aesthetically appealing too. No wonder people are choosing it over metal, and wood when it comes to long lasting roofing plans. All over the world, PVC sheet roofing has been accepted as the best form of roofing.
Here is why PVC roofing is loved by every one –
- It is long lasting and very durable.
- It is lightweight and leak-proof when it is properly installed.
- It is heat-welded at the seams which makes it impossible to come apart.
- It comes mostly in white colour which has the highest solar reflectivity. Thus you will not feel too much heat under the roof.
- It comes in various colours and designs that you can choose from.
- It is translucent in nature, thus allowing light to pass through it. You will not need artificial light inside the room if you have PVC sheet roofing.
- It is very easy to clean thus, reducing your work. But, make sure you use the cleaning agents recommended by the manufacturers. All you have to do is rinse it in water using a pipe and use a soft cloth to wipe away the dust.
- It is mostly coated with anti scratch layer and ultraviolet protection which make it tough in surviving any environmental conditions.
- It is light weight making it very easy to install. Thus it reduces the costs of installation.
- They are cheaper when compared to other types of roofing.
- They are heat and fire resistant.
- It has the aesthetic appearance necessary for any roofing unlike other materials.
- It has high static and dynamic perforation resistance.
- It has very good vapour permeability and flexibility.
PVC roofing is used in rooftop garden, back yards, factories and industries. You can get all types of PVC roofing materials from PVC sheet manufacturers in India.
- Published in PVC Foam Sheet
PVC or Poly Vinyl Chloride is the plastic polymer that is third most widely produced in the world. PVC is replacing conventional building materials like clay, concrete, metal and wood.
It is used in the construction sector because of its cost-effectiveness, versatility and superior record of use. As such it is the most crucial polymer, accounting for 60 percent of PVC production in Europe in 2006.
PVC is one of the most coveted plastics in construction and building. It is made use of for waste water and drinking water pipes, roofing foils and flooring, window frames, cables, wall coverings and many other applications. It is an alternative to conventional material like glass, rubber, metal and wood. It is lighter and less expensive.
Some benefits of PVC are:
- Lightweight and strong: PVC is abrasion resistant, mechanically strong, lightweight, and tough. It has important advantages for construction and building applications.
- Easy installation: PVC cane be welded, joined, shaped and cut in numerous styles. It is easy to handle because it is lightweight.
- Durable: PVC has resistance to abrasion, shock, corrosion, chemical rotting and weathering. Hence it is used for many long lived products. As a matter of fact, 80% of PVC production accounts for medium term and long lived applications in the construction and building sector. For instance, PVC used in cable insulation and windows will have more than 40 years of working life.
- Economical: PVC is very popular construction and building material because of its technical and physical properties that provide superlative cost-performance benefits. With regard to price, it is highly competitive. Its value increases because of qualities like low maintenance, long lifespan and durability
- Safety: PVC is not a toxic material. It is known for its safety and value as a social resource which has been utilized for over half of a century. It also happens to be one of the globally most thoroughly tested and researched plastics.
- Fire resistant: Just like all organic material like wood, textiles and other plastics, PVC will also burn when subject to fire. But it is self extinguishing. Because of Chlorine content, PVC products have high safety qualities.
These are some benefits of PVC. You can get PVC material from PVC sheet manufacturers in India. PVC is thus a versatile material for use in building and construction sector.
- Published in PVC Boards