Wood Plastic Composites (WPC) are composite items, which are made by combining thermoplastics with wood flour or fiber.
Other additives are used but are practically invisible in the structure of the composite material, barring mineral pigments and fillers. Additives help in enhancing optimal conditions of processing for combining wood powder and polymer.
WPC also contains other inorganic filler substances. WPC are a subtype of wider materials called as natural fiber plastic composites (NFPC). WPC is a new material compared to the use of traditional lumber as building material.
Today, it has very versatile applications like landscaping, fencing, railing, cladding, making windows and door frames and furniture. It began to be used in the decking market since 1990’s.
Here are some benefits of using WPC for decking and other purposes:
- Low maintenance: WPC can stand up against the elements without the need to seal, stain or paint it, which are burdens associated with traditional building materials. Also, it is resistant to bugs so you may not face the need to replace insect damaged, uneven or rotting WPC boards.
- Safe: As opposed to traditional wooden building material, WPC boards are slip-resistant and splinter free, making homes safe for pets and children.
- Durable: Wood boards and decks look good but do not last long. Frigid winters, rainy springs and scalding summers make wooden material warped, splintered and faded. WPC is not much affected by these factors and come with assured warranties for durability. WPC does not corrode, rot or decay.
- Increases value: Using WPC material for decking, fencing, etc. add considerably to the market value of your home. This is useful if you intend to sell your property.
- Color and type: Wood Plastic Composite manufacturers India offer a wide choice of colors including those with the finish of traditional wood.
- Cuts expenses: In the short term, the wood material may seem cheaper but in the long run, WPC is the better cost saving material as it avoids costs like cleaning and sealing. Wood tends to splinter and warp over time.
- Easily mold-able: WPC has great work-ability and can be fashioned using traditional woodworking tools.
These are some of the benefits of WPC.
- Published in WPC board