Top 5 Qualities of UPVC Doors
UPVC is a type of PVC ((Poly Vinyl Chloride) material. It is an acronym for Unplasticised PVC. It is a popular building material used for pipes, guttering, doors and windows.
When used to make doors, UPVC is wrapped around a galvanized steel core. This makes it much tougher than the traditional wooden doors. This type of PVC door frames are strong, durable and low maintenance.
What are some qualities of UPVC door frames?
- Wide choice: UPVC doors are becoming more popular as they are available in a variety of textures, colors and finishes other than the traditional white. Thus, the doors not only come in a variety of colors but also finishes like cherry wood, oak, etc.
- Strong: A major quality of the UPVC doors is that they are really tough and strong compared to traditional wooden doors. One major problem with doors is that of warping due to damp climate. When wood is subject to damp conditions and contact with moisture, it swells and warps; this prevents the easy opening and closing of doors. UPVC doors are weather proof and rigid, which implies that it is not susceptible to warping. Since UPVC doors retain their shape despite any weather changes, they fit snugly into their space, making them easy to open and close.
- Low maintenance: UPVC doors are easy to maintain. All that is needed is an occasional oiling of locking mechanism. Also, one may periodically clean glazed areas and wipe other areas lightly. UPVC is very durable and this makes it ideal for doors and windows.
- Insulation: UPVC doors and windows are well reputed for insulating against noise. If your are burdened by noise on the streets outside or noisy neighbors, UPVC doors will cut the noise. Thus they help prevent stress.
UPVC doors and windows also insulate home against weather outside by keeping warmth within the room during winter and cooling air during summer. This cuts energy bills of the home and makes it environment friendly.
- Safety: Being strong, UPVC doors and windows protect against break-ins and resist crowbars.
These are some of the qualities of UPVC doors and windows.