Top 8 Features That Make Mineral Plastic Composite Boards Favorite
MPC or Mineral Plastic Composite is very popular and is commonly referred to as synthetic boards. MPC is created by mixing high density plastic with mineral filled compound. It is created using an extrusion technology.
MPC has some salient features that make it stand apart from other materials:
- It is extremely durable: It does not crack, peel, splinter or rot even over the long term. It is solid and non porous.
- Looks beautiful: This material has splendid good looks.
- Damage free: It lacks organic fills, so mold and mildew cannot find anything to attach to and there is no nook or cranny where water can decompose. Being dirt and water resistant, MPC does not decompose easily, which is a benefit for those who want to use the material for a long time.
- Save time and effort: You can save time and effort for water proofing, insect spraying and staining, which are necessary for maintaining traditional lumber. Thus, MPC is very low maintenance material. Only seasonal cleaning is required.
- Good warranty: Most MPC are available with warranty against rotting, cracking, splintering and peeling. You need not replace MPC like other materials like traditional lumber. MPC has long life and timeless quality. Warranty is provided by plastic board suppliers.
- Can be molded easily: MPC can be used without any special tools for installation. There is no need for pre-drilling and you will require only standard carpentry tools.
- Variety of looks: MPC boards come in a wide range of colors in the market. Fading of color is usually minimal and will not be noticed prominently. The product features ultraviolet protection content, which ensures that color fading is minimal. Top quality boards also do not get scratches.
- Safe: Interior of board cannot be infiltrated by bacteria, insects, or other organisms that grow in contact with moisture or exposure to the elements. MPC can weather contacts with fresh water or salt water because of closed molecular formula. The additive mineral fill is showing high strength and less thermal expansion.
These are some of the aspects about MPC building material.