Types of Door Frames
All are familiar with doors. Most doors have two components: shutters and frames. There are different kinds of doors available in the market based on factors like raw materials and design.
Main types of door frames based on make are:
- PVC door frame
- Wooden door frame
- Iron door frame
- Aluminium door frame
Some details about the types are:
- PVC Door Frames: These are made using technology that minimizes energy use. These door frames are also energy efficient as they provide maximum insulation. They are eco-friendly as they lower consumption of energy saving valuable gas and oils. PVC door frames are easy to maintain and are highly durable like lasting for around 50 years. Long term benefits provide PVC door frames with superior cost benefit ratios. PV door frames are anti-corrosive, termite proof, light weight, moisture and chemical resistant, attractive and available in various colors.
- Wooden Door Frames: They are most popular and attractive. They have wide variety based on quality. They are easy to maintain and are used on basis of budget.
- Aluminium Frames: Nowadays they are used in offices and commercial complexes and top class buildings for providing architectural beauty and for smooth operation. These door frames provide beautiful looks, need no painting and have low maintenance cost. They can resist termites and rusting.
- Iron Door Frames: They are mostly used in buildings of low cost. They are highly termite resistant. This type of frames have three variants:
- Angle iron Door frames: Are created out of angle iron that is of the size 40 mm x 40 mm x 6 mm. The frame is welded with iron hinges. The joints of the frame must be welded flush and ground into a smooth texture using grinder. Also, the frame must be in a correct right angle. A priming coat must be applied before frame fixing.
- Iron door frame: This door frame is made using T. Iron. Procedure for fixing is just akin to Angle Iron door.
- Pressed Steel door frame: This type of door frame is produced from sheet of mild steel that is 1.25 mm thick. The frame is welded with iron hinges.
These are main types of door frames available in the market.