What Are the Main Benefits Of uPVC Doors?
PVC or Poly Vinyl Chloride is one of the most commonly used synthetic polymers of plastic. PVC is of two types: rigid and flexible.
uPVC is also called as rigid PVC. It is short for Unplasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride. It is used commonly in the construction and building industry as low maintenance substance. It comes in a range of finishes and colors. It is used as an alternative for painted wood.
uPVC is used for windows, doors, pipes and guttering. When used for doors, it is wrapped around a central material fashioned out of galvanized steel. This makes uPVC tougher than traditional wood. Buy them from PVC doors manufacturers in Delhi.
uPVC is used to make doors for homes and buildings. Here are some of the benefits of uPVC doors:
- One can select from hundreds of finishing and door styles, some with glazing and some without. UPVC doors come in various shapes and sizes, so it is easy to find one that fits the requirement of your home. You can get doors custom made which might seem expensive but will be better than making changes in the structure of your home.
- uPVC is available in a variety of colors other than the standard white. Nowadays, it is also possible to get uPVC doors with wood finishes like oak and cherry.
- The biggest advantage is that uPVC doors are much stronger than wood doors. Wood doors have the problem of warping: swelling in contact with damp conditions. uPVC doors are damp proof and weather proof. No matter what the weather, they are easy to open and shut.
- uPVC doors are low maintenance. All you need to do is to periodically oil the locking mechanism.
- uPVC doors are reputed for high insulation. They keep the home warm in cold climates and cool in hot summers. Thus, they reduce energy bills on warming and cooling the home.
- They also insulate the home from high levels of noise pollution. They save you from fighting with neighbors about noise issues.
- They protect the home. As they contain galvanized steel, uPVC doors are difficult to break down. They resist breaking in using crow bars.
These are some of the benefits of uPVC doors.