What Is PVC Foam Board?
PVC foam board, also known as Andy board and Chevron board, is used extensively in both indoor and outdoor applications. Its chemical composition is Poly Vinyl Chloride. It is used in advertising, building and furniture industries.
PVC foam board is made of light weight, foamed PVC, which is lightweight, moisture and corrosion resistant. It is resistant to chemicals and has low water absorption.
Thickness of the material ranges from 2 mm to 5 mm. The surface of the foam board can be easily engraved, milled, embossed, painted, printed and laminated according to the requirements. Also, they do not decay with time and their colors do not fade for a long time.
Uses of PVC foam boards are:
- Ceilings of cars, buses, trains
- Interior panels, decorative panels, building wall panels
- Office, public, residential and commercial buildings
- Screen printing, advertising, computer lettering
- Signs, display panels, labelling and board industry
- Chemical corrosion engineering
- Panels of refrigerators, kitchen cabinets
- Sports equipment
- Waterfront facilities, moisture and water based materials
Features of PVC foam board:
- Fire resistant, water proof and resists moth, acid, heat, light, vibrations and noise.
- Superior quality of wood processing
- Ideal substitute for aluminium, wood and other composites
- Smooth plate surface is very hard with minimal scratching. So, it is ideal for furniture, cabinets etc.
- Has high thermal and acoustic insulation properties
- It is flame retardant and self-extinguishing.
- It is resistant to mould and mildew and has non-moisture absorbent and anti-shock qualities.
- Colours of the foam are long lasting with minimal fading.
- Texture is light and portable. Can be constructed and transported easily.
- Common carpentry tools can be used for working on the material.
- PVC foam board can be subject to nailing, sawing, drilling, pasting and other types of processing.
- Suited to heat bending, folding and thermoforming.
- Smooth surface, ideal for printing.
- Easy fabrication, handling and cutting.
Main characteristics of PVC foam board, which you can expect from PVC foam sheet suppliers are:
- Fire and heat resistant
- Moisture and corrosion resistant
- Shock and noise resistant
- Durable but lightweight
- Rigid, tough and strong
- Highly flexible.
These are some aspects of PVC foam board.