Some Facts about PVC Foam Board
PVC foam board is also called as Andy board or Chevron board. It is chemically composed of Poly Vinyl Chloride.
PVC foam sheet or board has wide applications. It is used in interior panels, ceilings of trains, buses, decorative panels, public buildings, residential buildings, screen printing, ceiling panels, advertising, computer lettering, display panels, labelling, signs and boards, corrosion chemical engineering, thermoformed parts, special cold projects, panels of refrigerators, sports equipment, environmental frame work, water front facilities, breeding chambers, art materials, water materials and alternative partitions for glass ceilings. One can get access to PVC foam sheets from PVC foam sheet manufacturers in India.
Features of PVC foam sheets or boards:
- It has both smooth and hard surfaces
- It is anti-corrosive
- It resists moth, mildew and is moisture repellent.
- It has qualities of sound proofing and sound insulation.
- It has qualities of heat insulation and heat preservation.
- It has quality of UV resistance.
- It is fire resistant and is self extinguishing.
- It is shock proof.
- It is light weight. Hence it is easy to transport and work on.
- It is age-resistant, non-deforming and is colour-fast.
- It is safe an d non-toxic for humans
- It has same quality as wood processing.
- Sheet is smooth and hard and resists scratches.
- It is durable and its colour lasts a long time.
- Its light construction enables easy storage and construction.
- It needs only conventional wood working tools.
- It can be processed like drilling, nailing, sawing etc.
- Traditional adhesives will do for working on it.
- It is ideal for heat bending and thermoforming.
- It has a smooth surface ideal for printing.
PVC foam board or sheet can be used for:
- Advertising: Traffic signs, advertising sign boards, exhibition displays, door plates, bill boards, laser engraving and screen printing.
- Building and upholstery: Outdoor and indoor decoration, partitions for offices and homes, office furniture, wall panelling, bath room and kitchen furnishing, window and door making, portable cabinets and telephone booths.
- Transport: Used for decorating interiors of buses, trains, ships, metro, planes, etc
- Industry use: Heat moulding, chemical industry, fridge sheet, anti-septic projects, freezing projects, eco-friendly engineering, etc.
These are some interesting facts about PVC foam sheets.