Uses of PVC in Construction Sector
PVC or Poly Vinyl Chloride is a regular, lightweight but strong plastic used in construction industry. It is made softer by adding plasticizers. Rigid PVC or Vinyl siding refers to PVC in which plasticizers are not added.
PVC has been widely used for multiple functions in the construction industry for over half a century. Its durability, versatility and strong but lightweight nature have resulted in it being used for the following applications.
- Pipes: PVC pipes have been used since last 60 years. In comparison to traditional pipe material, PVC provides energy saving service, cost effective distribution and a maintenance free, safe, lifetime of service. PVC pipes do not contribute to degradation of environment and suffer fewer leaks or breakages than other material. PVC pipes are used for water, drainage and waste carrying because buried pipes are expected to last over 100 years.
- Windows: PVC based windows have been fabricated since 1960’s. Since the past 15 years, 85% of new and replacement projects of windows have been using PVC in the U.K. PVC windows are durable and tough with an average life span exceeding 35 years.
- Flooring: Over last 50 years, vinyl flooring has been in use extensively for flooring in both private and public buildings whether small or large. The main benefits of PVC flooring are: They are durable, are available in a variety of patterns and colours, easily installed, easy to clean, of variable thickness and easily recyclable. PVC flooring is widely used in hotels, hospitals and homes all over the world.
- Roofing: PVC roofing that is re-inforced is simple to install, has low maintenance cost and lasts over 30 years. It can be used to create web-like ultra light weight structures. Tensile PVC fabric is used for high profile,’ signature’ projects.
- Inflatable structures: Inflatable, large structures can be made with PVC which is flexible and strong
- Light structures: With modern PVC architecture, web like structures can be constructed within limited constraints. Being light, they hold their ground and have reduced impact on environment.
These are some of the uses of PVC in the construction sector. To get high quality PVC, contact PVC sheet manufacturers in Delhi.PVC is emerging as the most versatile material in the construction sector.